Claims and Fraud Operations Lead
It’s an exciting time for us. We are well on our way to becoming the UK’s biggest and best digital insurer; and with this in mind, we are looking for a Claims and Fraud Operations Lead to join our Telematics team and play a crucial part in our journey to the top.
A key part of our business is managing claims – and this role will play a vital part in ensuring we maximise the telematics team use of our data with our Claims and Fraud teams, whilst thinking about new ways to support this space. The key focus is ensuring good customer and business outcomes with particular emphasis on the reduction of fraud and maintaining an acceptable loss ratio for the Telematics business.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Responsible for the stakeholder relationships with the wider Claims & Insight teams and promotion of the telematics capability (inc. telematics portal access management)
- Developing out new ideas and initiatives to increase the use of data within claims and fraud
- Responsible for understanding and utilising telematics data to support customers and Hastings claims teams; Provide specific data and information to support Claims and claims fraud management
- Leading a small team of Data Assistants, ensuring they have the tools required, feel motivated and focus on delivery and quality of outputs
- Through the analysis of our Telematics data, initiate and deliver changes to support the reduction of fraudulent claims and support claims where our customers may be in liability dispute with a third party
- Leading on development and oversight of process (such as peer review) to ensure high quality in outputs
- Compiling and some management of key business MI and action of associated tasks that are crucial for monitoring performance, administering product obligations and support driving our trading decisions
- To manage the delivery of current process and reports (including peers review) as well as being able to compose and manage new business information.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Be confident in making decisions and take responsibility
- Influencing skills
- Ability to interpret, analyse and cut data to understand trends and draw conclusions
- Planning and organisation skills are essential to meet key delivery dates and timeframes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize accordingly
- Display a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong MS Excel skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Line manager experience
- Strong claims process and procedures knowledge
- Fraud management experience beneficial
- Strong claims knowledge
- Understanding the needs and requirements of customers.
- Understanding of insurance products
- Good understanding of Regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of Company Policies
- 5+ GCSEs with Maths, English and Science
- Further education would be an advantage
What you will get in return;
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.