We’re currently recruiting for Claims Commercial Managers to join our accidental damage and property damage motor claims team! We have positions available within; Accidental Damage Specialist Handling, Liability Resolution and Steerage, Network Non-Fault Repair and Customer Hire, and finally, Third Party Defence.
Reporting into one of our Heads of Commercial, you will define and deliver our claims commercial strategy. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver ambitious targets and, support our transformation into a top quartile claims function. This role can be based from Bexhill, Leicester or from home. You will be required to come to our Bexhill based headquarters, every few weeks. If you have significant knowledge of claims, you have a hands on approach and want to drive change, then we would love to hear from you!
We want to be the biggest and best digital insurer in the UK and expect and encourage all colleagues to play their part in achieving this. You’ll discover a social atmosphere, where friendly colleagues are always ready to help each other.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Support the setting and delivery of our commercial strategies to maximize the indemnity outcome. This means we pay the right amount on every claim, no more, no less.
- Support the forecasting and budgeting activity for claims. This includes setting and managing ‘trading’ performance for a core aspect of our customer journey.
- Own the commercial performance of a key component of claims; ensuring these are documented, understood, and performance measures in place to meet our ambitious objectives.
- Identifying trading performance improvement opportunities, working across the matrix to deliver change.
- Develop appropriate strategies to tackle any market or competitor risks, or capitalize on opportunities this brings.
- Identify and develop business cases for key changes across claims that will lead to improved performance.
- Support the operation and technical function on the development of audits/guidance on initiatives created.
- Support the development of control measures designed to maximize impact of opportunities created and ensure that suppliers are aware of and manage in-line with our strategies.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in relevant operational teams to ensure strong monitoring and control of the end-to-end claims business.
- Become the ‘go to’ person in Claims for key journeys in the overall process.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has strong commercial acumen and comfortable with the mechanics of the allocated claims P&L and drivers of performance.
- Is results oriented and thrives in an agile environment.
- Is focused and able to deliver change effectively within a matrix organization.
- Is innovative and driven – able to seek out opportunities to disrupt and innovate whilst also incrementally evolving current practices; drive to cut-through challenges to deliver results.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a good level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you:
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5000 car allowance
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Click here to see the full list of benefits: https://www.hastingsdirectcareers.com/what-we-offer/a-supportive-business
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.