A new role for a driven graduate to join our Claims Analytics team has become available in our Bexhill HQ. You will support Claims leadership and operations, through the development and delivery of robust MI and analytical insights into claims and counter fraud performance.
About the role
- Provide MI and analytical support to Insurer Services leadership and operations through the delivery of:
- Regular management information
- Specific analytical projects/reports, with actionable insight
- Ad-hoc requests for MI/analysis
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve performance and solve these through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight, delivering clear actionable recommendations
- Develop intelligent hypotheses and use structured thinking to break problems down, translating this into clear project proposals & plans with clear timelines
- Review the quality of the work undertaken, by yourself and colleagues, to ensure analytical objectives have been met and that the data provided is of high integrity
- Build strong networks throughout the business, acting as an advocate for the team and department
- Coach more junior members and promote analytical excellence within the team.
- Actively engage in identifying and developing processes, approaches and tools that strengthen the capability and organisation of the team
- Mathematics or Scientific graduate with a passion to succeed in an analytical role (2 years’ experience in a commercial setting is desirable but not essential)
- Advanced skills in use of MS office applications (Excel and Powerpoint), basic skills in statistical/data software packages (e.g. SaS, SQL, R, Emblem, Python)
- Proven ability in owning and delivering analytical projects, structuring analysis and deliverables to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Commercial acumen – focusing analysis on relevant commercial outcomes
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, bridge data gaps and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Excellent problem solving skills coupled with a proactive approach to work.
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.