Richmond Nantwich and Richmond Willaston
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class dining experience. As an Apprentice Chef de Partie at Richmond Nantwich and Richmond Willaston, you’ll work across our new Dementia Village in Willaston and our retirement village in Nantwich. Using your passion for food, you’ll work alongside our talented Head Chefs to provide luxury meals for a variety of palates and dietary requirements across the villages. Developing your skills and knowledge to kick start your career in the kitchen.
Working hours and salary
£9.21ph Plus Excellent Benefits
Full time, 40-hour contract
* Social working hours. Shifts between 7am and 9pm *
What your typical day involves
- You’ll be catering to residents across the Village which comprises of the care home, catering for serviced suites or households, restaurant or specific events
- Always maintaining a balanced diet across the menu and updating menus accordingly
- You’ll learn to manage all kitchen related duties such as budgeting, ordering, stock control, checking, storage, preparation and disposal of waste food
- Working with other members of the hospitality team to ensure smooth delivery of service and advising the team on aspects of food handling related to their work
Who we’re looking for
Passionate about food, you’ll have an obvious flair for cooking and you’re looking for an opportunity to learn and develop as a Chef in a supportive environment. You’re interested in learning how to create exciting yet nutritious and well-balanced menus using different foods which can often be challenging. Not afraid of trying new things and a good listener – you’ll enjoy working with others, working together to deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
- *Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Nantwich is a delightful discovery for those who don’t already know it. One of Cheshire’s oldest settlements, its distinctive Tudor architecture, set alongside the river Weaver, makes it one of the prettiest towns in England.
It has proven to be a great location for a retirement community. We’re just half a mile from the town centre while only fifteen minutes from the M6, half an hour from Chester and the Potteries and an hour from Manchester and Liverpool. Chester, Congleton, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Middleswich and Northwich are also on the doorstep.
Richmond Willaston is a specialist dementia village in South Cheshire, this new concept will help to transform the way people are supported to live with dementia. The household model will create a supportive environment for those with early onset dementia, providing a positive and proactive lifestyle – surrounded by a beautiful woodland walk, a children’s play area for visiting children, a sensory outdoor garden as well as a café bar. In addition, the onsite care home will support more advanced stages of dementia.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.