Richmond Witney, Coral Springs Way, Witney, OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class dining service. We’re looking for a Bank Chef at Richmond Villages to support our Head Chef in delivering a premium level service, delivering modern dishes with traditional influence.
Working hours and salary
£10.93ph plus Excellent Benefits
Shifts from 7am to 8pm
What your typical day involves
- Catering to residents across the Village which comprises of the care home, restaurant & spa.
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with food hygiene regulations
- Be aware of residents, villagers and Wellness Spa clients’ dietary needs – responding to their comments and requests in respect of the menu
- Be involved in the preparation and serving of the meals on the hotplate, as required
- Ensuring that all food is used within the prescribed period, with particular attention paid to perishable (high risk) goods
- Ensuring a welcoming, safe and compliant environment for our residents to dine in
- Helping to maintain a clean and hygienic working area
Who we’re looking for
Passionate about food, you’ll have experience working in a professional kitchen, ideally catering for customers with special dietary requirements. An understanding of health and safety procedures, ideally with an NVQ or equivalent City & Guilds and CIEH Level 2 Food Safety Award or equivalent. Open to new ideas, you’ll have an innovative yet organised approach to cooking, always adhering to high standards and remaining calm during a busy service. You’ll enjoy working with others, working together to create and deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Uniform provided
- *Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.