Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
Salart circa £40,000 pro-rata
Part Time – Minimum of 2 days per week
A bit about us
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provide a range of private Health services such as physiotherapy, health assessments, GP appointments and a growing provision of mental health services.
What you’ll be doing
Working remotely for one of our new corporate clients, the Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental wellbeing service across agreed sectors of care to our client’s eligible employees. You will be a first point of clinical contact for many employees with potential mental health issues and concerns. Due to the ongoing Covid pandemic this position will be based remotely initially but we are looking for people who can travel into and around London as the role will transition to working at our clients offices eventually.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working remotely to complete comprehensive psychological assessments of referred employees using evidence-based methods and best practice
- To clinically formulate intervention plans including using Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for employees with a range of problems from mild to severe and complex.
- To signpost and refer onwards to appropriate pathways of care as and when required.
- To use CBT to help employees to achieve lifestyle changes by facilitating SMART goal setting and action planning
- To maintain a clinical caseload, within agreed limits and under supervision of the Clinical Lead
- To provide psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals in a multidisciplinary team as required
- To effectively assess and triage all clients and signpost to the most appropriate treatments, resources and therapies.
- To work at a client level to provide group psychoeducation, raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing, promotion of mental wellbeing guidance via webinar, presentation, workshop events and training as and when required
Who we’re looking for?
- ESSENTIAL to hold at least Provisional or ideally Full British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- Proven experience in a similar role providing high intensity CBT interventions, working with clients who have a range of presentations
- Experience of managing own caseload, working towards individual targets and outcomes
- IT Skills including proficiency using Microsoft Systems as well as electronic medical record systems
- Holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT/High Intensity) or a course which is BABCP accredited
- Diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon
- Ability to present to groups and deliver training workshops
As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
What’s it like to work here?
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.