Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
Location: London (Canary Wharf)
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 pro-rata
Part Time – 16 hours (2 days, Tuesday and Wednesday)
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in
We have a network of Health Clinics across the UK that provide a range of private Health services such as physiotherapy, health assessments, GP appointments and our growing provision of mental health services. This is an exciting part-time opportunity to work on-site with our large corporate client in Canary Wharf.
What you’ll be doing
The Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental wellbeing service across agreed sectors of care to our client’s eligible employees. You will be a first point of clinical contact for many employees with potential mental health issues and concerns. You will also work closely with our client, monitoring key in-business wellbeing issues whilst devising, recommending and delivering strategies for change:
- To complete comprehensive psychological assessments of referred employees using evidence-based methods.
- To clinically formulate intervention plans including using Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (online or face-to-face/Skype/telephone) for employees with a range of problems from mild to severe and complex.
- To signpost and refer onwards to appropriate pathways of care as and when required.
- To use CBT to help employees to achieve lifestyle changes by facilitating SMART goal setting.
- To maintain a clinical caseload, within agreed limits and under supervision of the Clinical Lead.
- To effectively assess and triage all clients and signpost to the most appropriate treatments, resources and therapies.
- To provide ad-hoc or one-off wellbeing support and coaching as and when required.
- To promote evidence-based practice throughout our services to other professionals and motivate others to advance practice and improve quality of care.
- To work at a client level to provide group psychoeducation, raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing, promotion of mental wellbeing guidance via webinar, presentation, workshop events and training as and when required.
- To maintain and develop the highest standards of practice, through active participation in continuing professional development and maintaining an active engagement with current developments in psychological practice in areas related to the post.
- To be able to identify client clinical risk and escalate through the appropriate channels for advice an
Who we’re looking for?
- ESSENTIAL to hold Provisional or Full British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role providing high intensity CBT interventions, working with clients who have a range of presentations.
- Experience of managing own caseload, working towards individual targets and outcomes.
- IT Skills including proficient on Microsoft Systems as well as electronic medical record systems.
- Holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT/High Intensity) or a course which is BABCP accredited.
- Diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon.
- Ability to present to groups and deliver training workshops.
- Competent at maintaining high standards of record keeping for quality of care and governance purposes.
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Discounted gym membership
- Free health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Access to healthy minds service and 24/7 anytime Healthline
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com