Richmond Witney, Coral Springs Way, Witney, OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class care. That’s why it’s important that we have outstanding leaders that empower our teams to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of all our residents. As the Care Lead at Richmond Witney, you’ll motivate and supervise our care team, ensuring the highest standard of care is provided.
Working hours and salary
Full time, 40 hours per week
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
What your role involves
- Overseeing and assisting with all aspects of care/activities within the care home
- Managing and leading the care team, developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Providing day to day support to the team – promoting our residents’ independence, choice and dignity
- Leading the ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation of care, delegating as necessary
- Auditing care plans and working closely with residents and their families to ensure the appropriate care is delivered
- Ensuring the care home operates within company policies and procedures, following CQC guidelines
- Supporting the Head of Care in leadership of the care home to maintain an outstanding standard of care
- Actively involved with and facilitating initial assessments for all new residents
Who we’re looking for
You hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and have previous experience working in a care environment. Previous experience managing a team and any further Health and Social Care, or relevant management qualifications would be advantageous. An excellent communicator with strong organisation skills and an ability to use Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Email. You’re sensitive to the needs of others with an ability to implement care plans and address requirements. Leading by example, you work well as part of a team, sharing best practise to help deliver outstanding care to our residents.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
To apply direct please email
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.