Care Assistant (Nights) – Bupa Care Homes
Norewood Lodge Care Home, 72 Nore Road, Portishead BS20 8DU
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at Norewood Lodge care home in Portishead.
Working hours and salary
£8.72 per hour + £2.00 per hour extra at weekends
Part-time or full-time night shifts available
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care throughout the night. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheel chair or using a hoist. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Repositioning residents throughout the night to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. Ideally, you have some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential, as training is provided. You understand there will be challenging days, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You’ll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Norewood Lodge offers high-quality care to those in need of residential and nursing accommodation. We also cater to any young physically disabled individuals and make sure they integrate well in the home.
We’re situated in a pretty, residential area close to historic Bristol. Near by are the picturesque lake grounds and we have views of the Bristol channel. Residents will have plenty of opportunities to get out and see these sights.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.