Care Assistant (Nights)
Cottenham Court Care Home
High St, Cottenham, Cambridge, CB24 8SS
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at Cottenham Court care home in Cambridge.
Working hours and salary
£8.72 – £9.29 per hour dependent on experience, capabilities and qualifications
Shift patterns: 8pm – 8am
Full time/part time available
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care throughout the day. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Supporting at meal times: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home
- Repositioning residents throughout the day to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. Ideally, you have some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential, as training is provided. You understand there will be challenging days, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You’ll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Outside of Cambridge, Cottenham Court sits five miles north of the centre in the small village of Cottenham. Public transport links can be limited so the home can offer support with transport getting to and from work. The home provides residential care championing dignity, independence and person centred care. With a real family feel, there’s a genuine desire to support the team and encourage progression from within. You’ll have a dedicated mentor to welcome and support you during your first days, there’s a free breakfast if you have to leave home early and twilight shifts available for those with child care commitments. It’s a home that values diversity, its people and their opinions. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Why work in social care
When you work in social care, it’s no secret that you’ll need to be kind natured and make the residents your top priority. The people you care for become part of your life and you’ll become part of theirs – that’s what makes a career in social care so unique. At Bupa we’ll never hold you back and as there are plenty of opportunities to progress and develop, there’s never been a better time to join us.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.