Care Assistants (Days/Nights)
Richmond Willaston, 261 Crewe Road, Willaston, Nantwich, CW5 6GX
As a Care Assistant at our 35-bed care home at Richmond Willaston, you’ll be leading the way in caring for those living with advanced dementia. You’ll deliver outstanding dementia care in a supportive and forward thinking setting and in return we’ll support you with your ongoing development. Our brand-new village is inspired by the Dutch model of dementia care and will consist of 6 households, each with 6 residents for those with onset dementia and an onsite care home for those living with more advanced stages of dementia.
Working hours and salary
£9.20 per hour
Full time & part time available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
Shifts: 06:45-14:45 / 13:45 – 21:15 / 21:00 – 07:00
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing and continence care
- Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity and independence of our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes: serving meals and assisting residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food and fluid charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care/dementia setting or you may have a Level 2 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), however, this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate about caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and work to put a smile on our residents’ faces every day.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Willaston is a specialist dementia village in South Cheshire, this new concept will help to transform the way people are supported to live with dementia. The household model will create a supportive environment for those with early onset dementia, providing a positive and proactive lifestyle – surrounded by a beautiful woodland walk, a children’s play area for visiting children, a sensory outdoor garden as well as a café bar. In addition, the onsite care home will support more advanced stages of dementia.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.