Havering Court Care Home
Havering Rd, Romford RM1 4YW
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at Havering Court care home in Romford.
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care throughout the day. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Supporting at meal times: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home
- Repositioning residents throughout the day to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. Ideally, you have some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential, as training is provided. You understand there will be challenging days, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You’ll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
About our home
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Why work in social care
When you work in social care, it’s no secret that you’ll need to be kind natured and make the residents your top priority. The people you care for become part of your life and you’ll become part of theirs – that’s what makes a career in social care so unique. At Bupa we’ll never hold you back and as there are plenty of opportunities to progress and develop, there’s never been a better time to join us.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.