As a Care Assistant at a Richmond Village, not only will you be helping people to truly get the most out of life, but you’ll also be supported to get the most out of your career too. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – providing them with ongoing care and support which helps them live life to the full. We’re currently looking for Care Assistants at all levels to provide residential, nursing and dementia care at Richmond Letcombe Regis.
Working hours and salary
Full time & part time available
Day and Night shifts avaliable
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the Village (day shift only)
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking
You have experience of working in a care or dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, but above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others. Respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
Situated just 2 miles from the pictuesque market town of Wantage and close to the beautiful University City of Oxford, Richmond Letcombe Regis is easily accessible from the M4 motorway.
The small Oxfordshire village of Letcombe Regis c1086 is nestled at the foot of the Berkshire Downs and close to Lambourn, often referred to as ‘The Valley of the Racehorse’ and famous as the second largest centre of racehorse training in England.
For more than 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living and part of Bupa; a leading healthcare group. Bupa run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world, as well as providing insurance to over 16 million people and their purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.