Richmond Bede, Hospital Lane, Goodyers End, Warwickshire, CV12 0PB
As a Care Assistant at Richmond Village, not only will you be helping people to truly get the most out of life, but you’ll also be supported to get the most out of your career too. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – providing them with ongoing care and support which helps them live life to the fill. We’re currently looking for Care Assistants at all levels to provide residential nursing and dementia care at Richmond Bede.
Working hours and salary
Full Time & Part Time shifts available
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- Supporting at mealtime; serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities; assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the Village (day shifts only)
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties; updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care / dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our resident’s face every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a retirement location, Warwickshire has much to offer. The county is steeped in history and has a wide range of amenities and places of interest to visit. Within easy striking distance of Richmond Bede Village is the town Warwick and its famous medieval Castle and beautiful Royal Leamington Spa. Here you’ll find street after street of stunning Regency architecture. You’ll also discover that both towns have a great reputation for shopping and eating out.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.