It’s an exciting time to join us here at Hastings Direct as we continue our journey to become the biggest and best digital insurer in the market. Due to our exponential growth and focus on transformation, we are looking for a Car Operations Executive to join New Business and Renewals team. This role is a great opportunity to grow your career at a digitally focused company.
Working closely with the retention & new business leaders and various other stakeholders across the wider business to help drive and achieve operational performance targets. This is through identifying and assessing system defects & processes, creating and analysing MI to make recommendations to improve business performance and implementation new initiatives.
Locations available: Leicester and Bexhill.
What will you be doing?
- Compile and deliver insight and analysis into operational performance, through people and data driven research, interpreting how that impacts key performance indicators (KPIs) and identifying what actions we should take as a result
- Identify and contribute to the ideation of operational plans and initiatives
- Identify and contribute to management of system defects and workarounds
- Ownership and support in the delivery of new initiatives, working with stakeholders from across the organisation
- To be accountable for the timely and accurate delivery of daily, weekly and monthly management information (MI)
- Provide support in the production and delivery of presentations
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA
What are we looking for?
- Results-oriented, with drive to deliver against commercial and customer targets
- Numerate and analytical, able to analyse multiple data sources and draw conclusions
- Strong commercial focus and acumen
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An inquisitive nature that challenges the status quo
- Strong presentations skills (verbal and oral) and, where necessary, able to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team, often a virtual team
- Able to think strategically, identifying and clearly articulating new ideas
- Comfortable working under pressure and with competing deadlines and priorities
- Comfortable interacting with and presenting to Senior Leaders
- Problem solving & root cause analysis
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of the insurance industry, its products, and key regulations
- Business, Mathematics or Science based degree level
- Business Analysis experience
- Analysis and problem-solving experience, including root cause analysis of defects and issues
- Experience using reporting tools (Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI or similar)
- Experience of supporting or delivering change projects through a recognised change/project management methodology. (e.g. Agile, Lean Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience of Guidewire systems
What do we offer?
- Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
- Up to 10% pension match
- A business that believes in developing talent
- Flexible Benefits (including Additional Holiday Buy/sell, Healthcare and More)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.