What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to identify, prospect and win new strategic partners for our Commercial partnerships division, UKIBS. You’ll need drive, vision and tenacity to build relationships, and unlock new sectors that generate income to on-board Key Accounts, that ultimately deliver the UKIBS strategy. You’ll be an experienced Commercial lead with a background in working in a regulated B2B sales environment. Being able to utilise your professional networks, you’ll be comfortable pitching to senior external stakeholders and able to influence others.
Who you’ll be working with:
You will work within the UKIBS leadership team. As our capability develops you’ll work collaboratively with our key internal functions such as Finance, Pricing, Operations, Underwriting and IT, harnessing expertise so you’re best equipped to reach out to our prospective new accounts. UKIBS want to establish Key Accounts working across traditional Affinity sectors such as Banking and Financial Services, Telecoms, Retail, Utilities and Trade organisations, as well as a whole range of exciting emerging sectors!
What you’ll be doing:
- Own new business development for UKIBS by identifying, building relationships and pitching UKIBS to relevant 3rd Parties who can assist driving GWP and Profitable business by becoming Key Accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with key 3rd Party contacts throughout the pitching; tendering and on-boarding process.
- Maintain long-term relationships with larger Key Accounts that are not yet “in-market.”
- Establish contract requirements; regulatory positions and high-level strategic aims of the Partnership giving clear direction to DLG colleagues who will be on-boarding and managing the account
- Own tender exercises leading a team of various specialists within DLG
- Work across DLG to identify cross-department new business opportunities
- Maintain records and reports of activity, projects, pilots, training and testing as necessary, ensuring risks and issues are captured and dealt with appropriately
What we’ll give you:
We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge. DLG reached number 35 on Glassdoor’s top places to work in 2018, because of our working culture, dedication and passion for developing our colleagues; a place where you can truly build a long-lasting career!
Closing Date: undisclosed