Welcome to Reach
We’re Reach plc; you might not have heard of us but we’ve probably met without you even realising it. We’re the UK’s largest commercial news publisher, home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, MyLondon, Birmingham Live and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We’re leading the way in digital advertising across our network, with an audience of over 47m each month – 83% online and 90% on mobile.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager, you will be working with our Commercial Partnerships team seeking new business opportunities across the Sports and Gaming sectors.
You will be responsible for researching and identifying new partnerships with strategic National and Global brands, pitching our joint venture digital advertising solutions and converting these brands into long standing partnerships, through effective business development and sales strategies.
If you are passionate about sales and business development, have a keen eye on sport and/or the adult gaming industry and would love to work with some of the biggest brands in these markets… This is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Researching new business opportunities within established and challenger brands and potential partners for Sports and Gaming
- Presenting potential partner options back to the business with recommendations for possible venture opportunities
- Pitching our joint venture digital opportunities to potential partners, converting business and on-boarding partners
- Working with the partner and the business to launch, working to ensure that the launch plan is created and executed against KPIs
What you’ll get in return
A basic salary of up to £40k with OTE of up to 20% of salary paid quarterly. Plus, you’ll have access to a brilliant range of benefits, including:
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – you’ll be primarily remote-working, giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We’ll support you with your home set-up, and you’ll be able to claim expenses for any trips to our office ‘hubs’ or client meetings
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- Inclusion – as one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager, a range of learning & development programmes and access to our (very friendly) senior leadership team
What we’re looking for
- A strong commercial thinker with experience of securing partnership revenue deals
- Demonstrable success within sales / business development, particularly with high revenue clients
- An understanding of the digital advertising or digital marketing industry
- An Entrepreneurial and self starter mindset, able to source and generate business from the ground up
- You will be an infectious communicator at all levels, both internally and externally
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.