We have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Data Analyst to support us in our underwriting department, here at Hastings Direct.
Working collaboratively with data scientists, analysts, actuaries and other colleagues, your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and investigating new data sources.
We are looking for a creative thinker who is naturally curious and can explain difficult concepts to non-technical uses and produce quality results for your colleagues that you can be proud of.
We’re flexible on location, this can be based fully remote at home or in any of our offices in Bexhill, Leicester or London – Cannon Street.
About the role:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up to date on the latest processes and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely to support clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- The ability to influence and support senior stakeholders.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Good level of SQL and the ability to query data directly.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
- Competitive salary which we will share upon shortlisting
- Car allowance
- Bonus earning potential of up to 10%
- Excellent pension offering – 10% matched
- Private medical for you
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell up to 5 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans and more!
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- An excellent wellbeing programme offering you access to multiple partners such as Nudge (financial wellbeing support) and our colleague assistance programme, plus so much more!
- Smart Reward – access to various High-street discounts
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.