We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst on an FTC basis (until the end of October 2021) who has experience working in a fast paced organisation within Financial Services/Insurance sectors. This role sits in our Finance Systems team and we are hoping to interview early March.
We are looking for someone who is naturally curious and inquisitive, solution oriented and analytically minded. To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to translate complex ideas or jargon to any audience in an engaging and meaningful way.
We are flexible to some extent with the location but ideally you would be based in the Bexhill Office 2- 3 days a week once we return to the office, initially working from home. However, if you are based elsewhere we will consider how we can flex this arrangement for the right candidate.
- Capture existing processes and users’ requests into well-structured and clearly documented specifications, through active involvement and investigation.
- Evaluate feasibility of solutions, review options and recommend alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Define project objectives, constraints, identify risks and conduct impact analysis.
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to avoid misunderstanding and ensure user satisfaction.
- Support the testing of systems to ensure they meet agreed requirements.
- Provide the link between the Finance, other business areas and third parties regarding software functionality and implementation and be involved in the support process.
- Any ad hoc tasks as requested by the Head of Finance Systems and Financial Director.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Enjoy working at pace, as part of a supportive team, to find the answer to problems.
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Comfortable with MS Excel (formulas & functions) & MS Word
- Experience in or working with a finance department
- Business analyst or Remediation Team experience
- Prior experience of BillingCenter, PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Grade C or above
- A competitive salary that will be shared upon shortlisting, but if you would like details in advance of your application please feel free to email
- Competitive pension
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays pro-rated
- Well-being programme
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.