Location: Warwick, Point 3, Haywood Road.
Qualification: Level 3 Bid and Proposal Co-ordinator
Starting Salary: £16,000 per annum
Ref No: 115
When you join one of Telent’s Apprenticeship Programmes you will be working as part of a company that effects the everyday lives of people across the UK and Ireland. With our diverse portfolio of projects and areas of specialities, we offer a range of apprenticeships to suit different types of learners. You will have the opportunity to grow, develop and learn from professionals whilst building your career with Telent and gaining industry leading qualifications. We rely on our Early Careers Talent to become our leaders of the future, so its vitally important for us to find the individuals with passion and potential to achieve together. Join Telent and be part of something bigger.
This apprenticeship role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop a strong highly marketable range of business, project management, cost modelling and commercial skills which will provide a great future career platform. You will be working within and have the opportunity to learn from an experienced team and will be supporting the full end-end proposal process in conjunction with a range of wider business stakeholders. You will be involved in opportunity assessment, proposal structure, writing and submission, solution costing, document management, organising meetings and the co-ordination of related activities.
What you’ll do:
Telents Highways Business unit provides a range of Technology Services across the UKs motorways and major A-roads. This is an area of significant UK government investment and technology based solutions are seen as key enablers to help the UK get more capacity from it’s roads network.
To produce successful proposals the Highways bid team work with stakeholders across the whole business to develop and cost new solutions. The successful candidate will be supporting a range of activities undertaken by the Highways bid team including:
- Learn about the Proposal Management process
- Assist more senior bid managers with the management and co-ordination of the end-to-end production of proposals for opportunities for the Highways Business in line with customer timescales and requirements
- Assist more senior bid managers with the Project Management of the bid process such as helping organising various meetings, helping produce the bid plan etc
- Bid Cost Modelling
- Supporting the preparation of cost models, including gathering cost input data from wider business owners, calculating prices, profitability etc
- Business Engagement
- Develop relationships with Sales and Delivery areas to ensure a better understanding of their markets and solutions
- Bid Support
- Provide assistance in more general support of sales campaigns or opportunity development (outside of tenders) as requested to the Sales/Customer Facing teams such as support in meetings, presentations, value propositions etc.
Who you are & what to prepare for:
- We don’t require individuals with experience as we will provide full training in all aspects of the role. We are looking for candidates with the right attitude, commitment, and desire to learn
- You will get a mobile phone and laptop as part of the role
- Although supported throughout the programme by us at Telent you will need to take ownership of your tasks and personal development
- The ideal candidate will be organised, self motivated and keen to learn about how businesses grow and secure new work/projects.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9 to 4. Specifically, in Maths, English and Science or an IT related subject (A* to C)
- Be 18 Years old from January 2024
- Be able to pass Security Clearance
- Be able to pass a pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol assessment and adhere to the Telent Drugs & Alcohol Policy
- This apprenticeship is typically 24 months in duration
- Starting salary of £16,000 which will increase throughout the duration of the programme
- The qualification you gain will be a Level 3 in Bid and Proposal Co-ordination
- On successful completion of the programme you will eligible for membership of the Association of Bid and Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Our chosen training provider is RHG Consult who will support you in obtaining your qualification
- You will work in an Agile model from both our office in Warwick location and remotely from home. From time to time there will be travel to other Telent locations for meetings or training
- On completion of your apprenticeship, we hope to offer you a full-time position with Telent where you can continue to pursue your career
- You will be mentored by colleagues, supervisors, managers and tutors throughout the programme
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focused