Richmond Aston-on-Trent, Richmond Drive, Aston-on-Trent, Derby, DE72 2EA
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offers an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. We’re looking for a talented Spa Therapist to join our team at Richmond Aston-on-Trent. Acting as an ambassador for the Wellness Spa, you’ll deliver professional health and beauty treatments and provide excellent customer service to our residents and members.
Working hours and salary
£9.52ph Plus Excellent Benefits
Full time, Part time & Bank shifts available
What your typical day involves
- Providing recommendations and advice to our residents on treatments and products, including additional services such as hairdressing and holistic health
- Delivering treatments to our residents within the spa
- Assisting the Spa Manager with any additional duties such as reception cover, taking bookings over the phone and participating in promotional activities where appropriate
- Carrying out relevant housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, tidy and hygienic environment
- Working to retail and treatment targets, assisting the Spa Manager to drive traffic to the Spa and increase revenue
- Ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained and advising the Spa Manager of any requirements
Who we’re looking for
You’ll have a recognised qualification relating to the role such as an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Beauty Therapy (or ITEC equivalent) and previous experience within beauty therapy would be advantageous. Friendly and approachable, you’ll have the ability to understand our resident’s needs, helping them to retain their dignity and independence using a person-centred approach. With excellent administration skills, you’re an organised and respectful individual. You’re happy working as part of a close-knit team – always looking to deliver excellent service.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent. Situated on the River Trent and mentioned in the Doomsday Book, Aston-on-Trent has always been a lively agricultural community. Today, much of the village is now a conservation area and contains many old and fascinating buildings. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent. Richmond Aston-on-Trent is a purpose-built retirement community in South Derbyshire. Apartments and Suites are available to buy and the Village Care Home provides nursing and residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.