We have a great entry level opportunity for someone keen to start a career in Finance. The Banking Assistant role is based in our Bexhill office and offers a hybrid working arrangement. Members of the Finance Banking Team are responsible for managing all incoming and outgoing business payments and receipts.
Ideally, you will have experience in managing a high volume of data entry, or you are familiar with guidewire. High attention to detail, accuracy is key in this role.
Some of what your day to day could involve;
- Maintaining the Banking email inbox, responding to requests within Service Level
- Agreements and take relevant actions that may derive from it.
- Liaising with other departments to eliminate causes of issues and errors, acting as a referral point for the business and escalating through line managers when outside the role holder’s level of knowledge or experience.
- Ensuring all Banking activities are undertaken accurately, efficiently, within company policy and service level agreements.
- Producing manual and automated cheque requests on a daily basis.
- Preparing daily online banking BACS, CHAPS and Faster Payment requests, ensuring they are accurately and efficiently produced.
- Ensuring all month end tasks are completed efficiently, effectively and on a timely basis.
What we are looking for;
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, in particular excel
- Knowledge of basic accounting processes is beneficial
- AAT studying or qualified would be beneficial
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
- Pension matched up to 10%
- Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.