Band 7 X-Ray/CT Radiographer
1 year fixed term contract
Competitive salary depending on experience
Shifts: Monday to Friday with varying shift patterns or 3 long days
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Band 7 Radiographer to work between the CT and General X-ray Departments carrying out CT scans and general X-rays on a daily basis, depending on where the individual has been rostered to. Therefore, a flexible and adaptive working attitude is crucial, along with a willingness to participate in the out of hours (including nights) and weekend rotas. This is a one-year fixed term contract.
The CT department is a very busy and challenging place to work. A variety of CT examinations including full body imaging, neurological, cardiac and interventional procedures are undertaken, as well as some specialist orthopaedic imaging.
The X-ray department has two general X-ray rooms, an OPG machine, one fluoroscopy room, one DEXA scanner and one mammography machine. There is also a need to provide imaging external to the main department, namely in Theatres, Theatre Recovery and ITU.
- Work within a team of senior and junior Radiographers and liaise with lead Radiographers and the Superintendent to provide high standards of service to all of Bupa Cromwell’s customers.
- Daily management of the CT and X-ray services in liaison with the Superintendent Radiographers.
- Organise the daily work programme to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Maintain imaging standards under the guidance of IR(ME)R and guide more junior radiographers rotating through X-ray & CT Departments by ensuring the correct policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be fully conversant with the Radiology Management System, whereby patient information and reports are maintained electronically.
- Promote good working relationships with referring clinicians, other hospital departments and outside organisations to ensure that the reputation of the Radiology Department and Bupa Cromwell Hospital is upheld.
- Participate in a Quality Assurance programme for equipment and Radiation Protection, maintaining accurate records and reporting or raising concerns to the Radiation Supervisor or the Head of Department.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team – showing flexibility of shared tasks to ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both fellow staff and patients.
- Share knowledge to ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for fellow staff, patients and consultants.
- Diploma / Degree in Diagnostic Radiography.
- HCPC registration.
- Extensive CT experience
- Cannulation Certificate desirable.
- Mammography experience would be a great advantage.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or for further information.