About the role
LV= are seeking an experienced Manager within Audit to take on a Business Critical role to help us ‘Live Confident’ in what we do. As the ‘Audit Manager for Retirement and Protection’ within LV= you will form part of our Leadership team for Internal Audit and you’ll play a fundamental role in designing, directing and overseeing the delivery of independent assurance plans across the Trading Business.
As LV= continues on its own journey, whilst ‘embracing the art of the possible’, what makes this role truly exciting is that you’ll be directly involved in the execution of LV’s Internal Audit functional strategy and operational plans.
It’s no surprise that you’ll be a seasoned line manager, as you’ll lead a team of experienced Internal Auditors and working very closely with the IA Leadership team.
Furthermore, using your proven Audit experience, you’ll help to represent Internal Audit at management committees across the finance functions; providing effective and robust advice.
- Professionally qualified internal auditor with comprehensive experience working in the Retirement and Protection industry.
- Excellent knowledge of the Insurance industry and relevant legislation and regulatory requirements (e.g. PRA / FCA requirements), and an ability to apply practical experience in its proportionate and pragmatic interpretation and application.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Retirement and Protection processes, practices and risks.
- Excellent personal motivation, organisational and planning skills.
- A team player with proven ability to lead and motivate others.
- A strong track record of developing constructive working relationships with key stakeholders which are collaborative without compromising independence.
- Independent and objective mind set to enable robust challenge to the business at all levels of seniority.
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to tailor approach and method to suit the circumstances and needs of the stakeholder.
- An analytical approach with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to be innovative.
- An in-depth knowledge and / or proven experience in using data analytics, CAATs and other software interrogation tools.
When it comes to Internal Audit, you’ll be a natural and have the track record to prove it – especially within Retirement and Protection! You’ll encourage a range of thinking on strategy and vision, cultivating a range of views, whilst exploring new ways of working.
What is critical to this role is having an inherent passion for being ‘The best in class’, coupled with an awareness of leadership and team building principles that will enable you to develop a highly effective and motivated team on a daily basis. Just as importantly, having effective stakeholder management experience is fundamental.
Presenting and advanced report writing will be second nature to you and you’ll have an instinct for creative broad thinking that informs your decision-making.
Finally, self-awareness and developing yourself (as a role model) is key to this role, in order to maximise your personal contribution across the team and department, as well as playing an active role in the Senior Leadership group and leading by example.
Ideally you’d be a qualified Actuary, accountant or Auditor (or have the relevant professional qualification), with significant financial services experience and a proven track record of leading a team.
Rewards and benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- a competitive pension (please click here to read more about it)
- 30 days’ holiday
- a flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)
- and a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home and car, and up to 12% off our life products
Here at LV= we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re also open to conversations about flexible working as part of your application. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do everything we can to support you.
We always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.