North Wales Live is looking to take on a new Audience Editor to help take our team of journalists to the next level.
North Wales is a place like no other and is famed for its beautiful scenery as well as its unique history, heritage, language and culture. Made up of six vibrant counties, the area is teeming with life and stories to discover.
Our Audience Editor will lead the way in building relationships with our readers, making sure our journalism reaches the widest possible audience and that people have every chance to get involved by expressing their opinions and ideas.
You’ll work primarily on social media, newsletters, surveys and comments. That means driving best practice in every area, promoting audience engagement in the newsroom and being the first port of call for readers.
Drawing upon data insights, you’ll ensure our methods of communication and engagement are effective, as well as constantly searching for new initiatives and ideas to improve and deepen our connection with our readers – who are already very loyal.
As a senior figure in the newsroom, you’ll have responsibility for special projects and work on a weekend rota to manage the newsroom as needed.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.