Our digital Showbiz team is looking for an Assistant Late Editor. We are looking for a senior journalist who has experience of managing a team of evening reporters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with leading the Showbiz department during one of the most important times of the day for our team. You will be covering everything from red carpet events and the biggest television shows, to breaking celebrity news.
This role is an evening only role working hours are 3pm-11pm Monday-Friday. Some weekends are also expected.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Write engaging, high-quality articles on a range of topics that fall within our showbiz team’s perimeter and is of interest to our readers.
- Edit copy of more junior reporters, taking responsibility for making sure all of the content produced is factually accurate, clickable and shareable.
- Support the team in being first to breaking news in our key content areas.
- Build and grow a network of contacts to ensure we get exclusive and original content – from clips to interviews – for the flagship evening TV shows.
- Communicate effectively with the Showbiz Editor, working together to maximise growth while maintaining the exceptionally high standard expected for all content we produce.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be passionate about all aspects of celebrity news, with experience in entertainment and a proven track record of producing exclusive content in these verticals.
- You are a night-owl, who understands the rhythms of our audience’s evenings – from the TV shows they watch, to the times they are most active on social media, and can utilise that knowledge to grow our traffic.
- You’ll have experience editing copy and would be confident taking the lead with a small, friendly team.
- You are target driven, always striving to improve and lead by example when it comes to bringing in traffic to the site.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.