NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
As an Area Site Engineer (ASE), you will play a vital role in delivering efficient Facilities Management services at Airports and remote Communication, Navigational Aid, and RADAR (A/CNS) sites. You will manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring legislative compliance, health and safety, and operational safety. This includes overseeing industry best practices and optimizing value for money in all operations.
- Ensure safe and effective delivery of building, power, and environmental services at designated A/CNS sites, complying with NATS Management System, CAA, and HSE Regulations.
- Provide expert FM knowledge for designated A/CNS sites, acting as a focal point for service delivery, real estate, H&S, energy management, and site sharing.
- Prepare and participate in Asset Health Reviews, contributing to Service Value Management Plans for a balanced approach to service delivery, asset lifecycle, risk, and investment.
- Fulfill Asset Operator responsibilities for designated FM services, ensuring service performance and asset maintenance throughout their lifecycle.
- Manage out-of-hours on-call and call-out service, ensuring Technical Service Managers have H24 access to technical advice and support.
- Comply with NATS H&S Policies, acting as Responsible Person for Electrical and handling Health and Safety Compliance Elements.
- Act as Competent Person (CP) or Responsible Person (RP) for Health and Safety Compliance Elements such as Legionella, Asbestos etc.
- Manage FM support Contract(s), ensuring delivery according to the contract and incorporating technical and policy changes promptly.
- Act as a Work Package Manager on major A/CNS and sustainment projects, handling financial and human resources, preparing, and coordinating completion plans, and controlling WP tasks.
- Minimum HND (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with in-depth knowledge and experience in FM engineering systems and assets.
- Applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have undertaken structured Engineering training and have extensive engineering experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills with a customer focus.
- Ability to operate and influence within a dynamic business environment.
- Managerial competence to oversee suppliers and contractors.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of resilient/redundant FM systems and assets.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, email, and SharePoint.
You will be allowed to travel from home to jobs but there is a requirement to be within 1 hour of Aberdeen.
Following training you will be added to an on-call rota.
A company vehicle will be provided for the role.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.