Passionate about sales but want something more exciting – without losing your current bonus pipeline? How about a guaranteed £2,000 bonus paid across your first two months, to help you get started while you build your client pipeline with us?
Welcome to Reach
We’re Reach plc; you might not have heard of us but we’ve probably met without you even realising it. We’re the UK’s largest commercial news publisher, home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, MyLondon, Birmingham Live and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We’re leading the way in digital advertising across our network, with an audience of over 47m each month – 83% online and 90% on mobile.
About the role
As one of our Area Sales Directors, you will be critical in leading our Field Sales teams to deliver revenue growth and client satisfaction across multiple product lines and media portfolios.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Director you will lead and support a team of 8 Account Directors and Account Managers in the sales of various products within the Reach portfolio to existing or new businesses across the UK.
We’re on an amazing journey of growth and this key leadership appointment will be part of our business development family, playing a crucial role in our future success.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Implement the Field Sales strategy, driving growth and sustained retention of our customer base
- Use analytics and data to lead key decision making
- Deliver our strategy across the team consistently along with adoption and use of standard KPI’s
- Demonstrate leadership and effective people management skills, ensuring your sales team are succeeding
- Work with Senior Management and Leadership Teams to achieve maximum revenue opportunities
What you’ll get in return
A basic salary of up to £50k with OTE up to £68k plus uncapped quarterly bonus scheme. Plus, access to a brilliant range of benefits, including:
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – you’ll be primarily remote-working, giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We’ll support you with your home set-up, and you’ll be able to claim expenses for any trips to our office ‘hubs’ or client meetings
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- A “share” in our future
- Inclusion – as one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager, a range of learning & development programmes and access to our (very friendly) senior leadership team
What we’re looking for
- Experience of driving and delivering high revenues via a field sales operation
- A commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities
- Demonstrable leadership qualities, capable of motivating individuals
- Strong knowledge of digital, national and regional media
- A strong communicatorwith the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business, and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.