Location; Dunball, Bridgewater, TA6 4TP
Qualification; Level 2, Supply Chain Warehousing Operative
Starting salary; £16,000
When you join one of Telent’s Apprenticeship Programmes you will be working as part of a company that effects the everyday lives of people across the UK and Ireland. With our diverse portfolio of projects and areas of specialities, we offer a range of apprenticeships to suit different types of learners. You will have the opportunity to grow, develop and learn from professionals whilst building your career with Telent and gaining industry leading qualifications. We rely on our Early Careers Talent to become our leaders of the future, so its vitally important for us to find the individuals with passion and potential to achieve together. Join Telent and be part of something bigger.
What you’ll do:
Reporting into the Training Supervisor you will be actively learning and involved directly with all General Warehousing and stores duties. You’ll be fully trained on the job, whilst studying towards your Supply Chain Warehousing Operative qualification. This will give you the ability and skill set to demonstrate that you can work to general work instruction without direct supervision. The purpose of the role is to provide warehouse logistics support to all internal and external customers ensuring accurate and timely delivery of material to support contractual requirements actively support a culture focused on nuclear safety and quality in your daily activities.
- Learning and been responsible for taking delivery of goods and supplies
- Checking for damage or missing items / shortages
- Storing and location of goods
- Stock control including perpetual inventory checks
- Processing, picking and packing orders
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Keeping records of stock updated using relevant inventory systems
- Keeping paperwork up to date
- Filing records
- Cleaning, tidy work areas including yard
- Packing and wrapping goods
- Arrange logistics / transportation collections & deliveries
- Arranging waste management collections
- Carry out daily safety checks on counterbalance and narrow aisle forklift trucks
- Yard / Vehicle Management
- Carry out Risk Assessment(s)
Who you are & what to prepare for:
- We don’t require individuals with experience as we will provide full training in all aspects of the role from how to use tools/equipment to ensuring safe working practises.
- We are looking for candidates with the right attitude, commitment, and desire to learn.
- Work towards Fork Lift drivers licence.
- You will get a laptop, personal protective equipment as part of the role.
- Although supported throughout the programme by us at Telent you will need to take ownership of your tasks and personal development
- Communication is vital; you will need to be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally
- Be able to undertake physically demanding work and possess normal colour vision and hearing
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s Grade 4 or higher (or equivalent qualification). This must include Maths, English.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Must be over the age of 18 by September 2024.
- Able to pass full Security Clearance vetting for access to secure information and confidential permissions.
- Able to adhere to our Drugs & Alcohol policy and pass a pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol assessment.
- This apprenticeship is typically 12 months in duration.
- Starting salary of £16,000 which will increase throughout the duration of the programme.
- The qualification you gain will be a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Our chosen training provider will support you in obtaining your qualification.
- On completion of your apprenticeship, we hope to offer you a full-time position with Telent where you can continue to pursue your career
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focused