Job: Anaesthetic Nurse or ODP
Location: Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW5 0TU
Role: Permanent, full time
Salary: Highly competitive plus excellent benefits package
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for an Anaesthetic Nurse or ODP. Our main adult theatre is a busy and dynamic environment, setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. We have 5 operating suites catering for Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. We work with surgeons who are the best in their specialities carrying out simple to the more complex surgeries.
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of patient care.
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients for clinical / operative procedures.
- Provide immediate post-operative care.
- Provide assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local/regional/sedation/ general anaesthetic.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Assist the team leaders in the Personal Development Plans of junior staff.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator.
- Create and maintain legible and accurate records of care in accordance with BUPA and the Cromwell Hospitals’ local policies and procedures.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
The successful candidate:
- You must hold a relevant ODP / Anaesthetic Nurse qualification.
- Ability to deliver high standards of care.
- Post registration experience within Anaesthetics.
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS word, outlook, Excel.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or for further information.