Hastings is a leading company within the UK general insurance market, our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer. Our success is rooted within our passion for data and analytics, and being able to provide the best prices for our customers.
This is an exciting time for us, as alongside the success of our core products, we are building a new Alternative Pricing Product aimed at new segments of the market. Come join us on the journey as we bring this new idea to reality, and grow with its success.
Working in a small team, you will focus on all aspects of setting this new product (footprint, price, product & operations), and launch trading strategies into new segments based using our rich data assets, advanced analytics and strong underwriting intuition. You will subsequently monitor the performance of your models and make any adjustments necessary to deliver our commercial objectives.
You will have the opportunity to grow with the success of the product, eventually expanding your team and increasing your remit as we deliver our growth plans.
Based either in London or at our Bexhill Group Head office, with flexible home working included.
How you will make a difference:
- Carry out market research and perform customer segmentation that helps us to understand target markets.
- Source and analyse new data and define new risk characteristics that help us select the best customers
- Developing new pricing strategies that capture market opportunities, and clearly articulate the reasoning for these decisions, gaining the appropriate signoffs
- Building predictive models using classic GLM and modern ML-techniques and deploying these into live pricing environments
What we’re looking for:
You will need to have strong commercial acumen, a hands-on approach to problem solving, as well as the desire to set and execute your own agenda. You’ll help to scope out new ideas and implement them, so you will be naturally curious and creative.
You will have demonstrable track record of using analytics and predictive modelling to solve real-world problems, with experience working with tools such as R, SQL, and Python etc.
We would like you to have exceptional senior stakeholder skills with experience of interacting with senior management.
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- To find out more about what we can offer you, click here.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.