NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe
Are you looking to work at the largest Airport in the UK and the 2nd busiest airport in Europe? If so, then NATS is recruiting for an Airport Operational Engineer at Heathrow Airport to support Air Traffic Control systems and act as focal point for maintenance management on a range of operational engineering systems and functions
If you’re a highly capable Engineer and don’t meet all the qualifications, we will provide the appropriate levels of training for the right candidate. This not an entry level position, relevant experience is always desirable with the capability to deliver a safe and efficient service
- Plan and carry out planned and corrective maintenance on a range of Air Traffic Control systems.
- Prioritise faults and or direct engineering resources towards a safe and expeditious restoration of service.
- Make operational decisions; provide guidance, specialist advice and assistance.
- Maintain clear and accurate records for all activities where required.
- Fully brief ATC and other engineering staff, supervise Airport Maintenance Engineers and contractors
- Maintain own Competency Ratings and ensure any concerns are reported to the Engineering Manager
- Conduct post incident procedures to aid the provision of Incident Reports in the event of a safety related event
- Expected to work on a variety of equipment and interfaces across the airport. The range of equipment would be across the Communications, Navigation, Surveillance, and Information domains
- Engineering qualification to Higher National Certificate (NVQ Level 4) as a minimum in Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science and relevant experience
- ATSEP training (advantageous)
- ATC systems and equipment knowledge with experience in maintenance, understanding the impact that these systems may have on ATC operations
- Commercial awareness to appreciate what impact a facility failure would have on our customers and dependencies on ATM engineering systems
- Able to prioritise actions under pressure, be technically competent to work on a wide range of equipment and have a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and own initiative
- Effective judgement skills to maintain operational services in a safety critical environment
- Full UK Driving Licence – Will be required to drive airside & maintain an airside driving permit
London weighting allowance of £2,663.20, and once suitably qualified to join the roster, an unsociable hour’s payment of £7,717.15 per annum
You will be part of a 24/7 operational roster where you will work a mix of Early, Late & Night shifts
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry