NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
NATS is currently recruiting for Aircraft Control Position Operators (ACPOs) on a permanent basis within the Simulation Unit at CTC (Hampshire). CTC Simulation Unit gives trainees and valid controllers an opportunity to train in the most realistic yet safe environment possible.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the correct implementation of all Aircraft Control Position Operator (ACPO) related duties in support of Air Traffic Control simulation activities. You will be joining NATS at an exciting time as we focus on our vision to become a Top 25 UK company to work for by 2040.
Duties include but not limited to:
- You will act as pseudo pilots, interacting clearly and realistically via simulated communication link with participants, and inputting instructions and messages, in an accurate and timely manner, into the simulator in response to commands.
- Assisting in the correct set up and reconfiguration of the simulator and carrying out support duties in connection with non-simulation work at an appropriate level.
- These posts encompass shift working which shall attract the appropriate rate of unsociable hour’s payment.
Essential skills and experience
- Quick, accurate thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work positively and effectively as part of a team, adapting readily to changing situations and procedures and have a flexible approach to the workload.
- Strong IT skills
Additional vacancy information:
If you would like to see what it is like to be an Aircraft Position Operator (ACPO) then please do click on the link to see a blog from one of our current ACPO’s – https://nats.aero/blog/2023/01/my-job-as-an-aircraft-control-position-operator/
All successful candidates will start on the salary of £23,944.66 and with progression and development you will increase your salary gradually to the maximum stated.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our ind