NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
NATS are currently recruiting experienced Air Traffic Controllers for positions across all our UK Airports & Military Airfields including Gibraltar. These include: Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Stansted, Luton, Farnborough, Bristol, Belfast International, Cardiff, St. Athan, Southampton, Aberporth and Gibraltar.
We are looking for both Tower Only or Tower & Approach controllers to provide a safe and efficient aerodrome and approach radar services (depending up on the specific Airport requirement) across all locations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicants will be required to hold (or obtain) a valid UK Aerodrome rating (ADI) or Aerodrome rating (ADI) and Approach (APS) ratings on which unit endorsements must be gained.
- Applicants must be highly motivated, a strong team player with the ability to think laterally and remain calm under pressure.
- All applicants must hold (or obtain) a UK Class 3 medical certificate.
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake criminal records check and provide a 5-year work reference history.
Additional Vacancy Information:
Please specify within your application which airport or airports you are interested in applying for and your specific UK ratings held.
NATS Services (NSL) Airports units are ATCO 2 and ATCO 3 grades:
* ATCO 2 salaries in Airports range between £65,843.80 and £124,857.52 (Heathrow only).
* ATCO 3 salaries range between £61,416.83 and £91,724.45 (min and max across band 1 – 3).
* Some units have additional allowances payable above the quoted salaries.
NATS Solutions Airports/Airfields are subject to different salaries and range from £35,835 to £120,836
Assessment & Selection:
Candidates may be required to undertake a simulator assessment as well as an interview assessment.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.