About the role
We have a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our activities team, and help to create and organise a varied activities programme for our residents across the whole village, from organised hobbies to group events, all of which will promote independence, choice and dignity. By getting to know each resident, their interests and life stories, you’ll deliver events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they stay connected with the village community. Whilst motivating colleagues to support events in the village, you’ll be assisting the Activities Co-ordinator to regularly review residents needs, the programme of activities, levels of participation and encouraging family and friends to become involved.
Who we’re looking for
We have a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our activities and events team. Your role will include creating and organising a range of programmes from organised hobbies to large events for both residents in our care home as well as those living in the independent and assisted living properties. Your aim will be to arrange activities and events which will promote choice and dignity.
You’ll have an outgoing, warm personality with excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy being creative. You’ll be confident in working with colleagues to deliver activities and assist the Activities Organiser in planning any special events
You’ll identify the most appropriate and stimulating activities through regular assessment and discussion with residents, relatives, staff and friends to ensure full knowledge of their likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties
You’ll be assisting residents with activities such as letter writing, shopping, reading aloud, games and the pursuit of individual hobbies and interests
You’ll participate in outings and fund raising events as required, and maintain a portfolio of information about the range of activities within the village and the local community
You’ll require a full clean driving licence, a creative approach to ideas, and the ability to motivate residents using energy, a sense of humour and a positive attitude
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
If you would like to join our team and be part of a thriving retirement community, please apply using the link or send your application to LetcombeCareers@richmond-villages.com