Richmond Aston-on-Trent, Richmond Drive, Aston-on-Trent, Derby, DE72 2EA
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class activities programme. As an Activity Co-ordinator at Richmond Village Aston, you’ll work alongside our Head of Activities, getting to know our residents and delivering events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they stay connected with the village community.
Working hours and salary
Full time, 40 hours per week
£9.22 per hour plus excellent benefits
What your typical day involves
- Identifying suitable activities for our residents through assessment, observation and discussion, ensuring you maintain accurate records
- Liaising with our residents, relatives, friends and other colleagues, you’ll ensure you have a good understanding of resident’s interests, abilities and difficulties and encourage participation in activities
- Assisting the Head of Activities in planning special events at the village such as garden parties, musical events and day trips, ensuring all activities are carried out within the agreed budget and accurate financial records are maintained
- Assisting residents with letter writing, shopping and reading, encouraging the pursuit of individual hobbies.
- Ensuring the activities programme is regularly updated and advertised within the village, including events within the local community
Who we’re looking for
It’s essential you have a full, clean UK driving licence along with experience organising events, it would be advantageous if you have experience working with the elderly and/or vulnerable. With a positive attitude, you have the ability to motivate residents using your energy and great sense of humour. Empathetic and friendly in your approach, you’ll have no problem building long lasting professional relationships with colleagues, residents, their families and members of the local community.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent. Situated on the River Trent and mentioned in the Doomsday Book, Aston-on-Trent has always been a lively agricultural community. Today, much of the village is now a conservation area and contains many old and fascinating buildings. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent. Richmond Aston-on-Trent is a purpose-built retirement community in South Derbyshire. Apartments and Suites are available to buy and the Village Care Home provides nursing and residential dementia care.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.